30 Sep Are Your Practicing The Proper Court Etiquette?
Posted at 19:06h in Bail Bond Articles, Bail Bond News, Bail Bond Store Process, Bail Bonds in Hollywood, Bail Bonds Law
Are Your Practicing The Proper Court Etiquette?
How you represent yourself (dress, act, speak) in court is very important. It does affect the ease of the trial and even the outcome. So, it’s best to practice wise court etiquette:
- Dress in business attire. Remove sunglasses and hats.
- When standing, stand up straight.
- Speak only when you are asked to. Answer only what you are asked. Speak clearly.
- When answering “yes” or “no”, say the words rather than shake your head.
- Do not chew gum.
- Acknowledge the judge as “Your Honor.”
- Remain calm and collected. Do not grow angry or raise your voice.
- Arrive early. Do not leave until you are dismissed.
- Use the restroom before you enter the courtroom.
- Put cell phones and any other electronic devices on silent or turn them off completely.
Knowing this before court is very helpful, as it can help you properly prepare. But before you head to court, you’ll of course need to bail out of jail. Los Angeles Bail Bonds Store Store has bail bonds readily available that will get you out of jail ASAP.