09 Nov If You’re Arrested, Be Cooperative But Know Your Rights Too
If You’re Arrested, Be Cooperative But Know Your Rights Too
If you are ever arrested, you want to make sure you are cooperative with the police. At the same time, you want to make sure they are not overstepping their boundaries to step on your rights.
If you are arrested, know this first and foremost:
- Remain silent and calm
- Try and remember the officer’s badge number, name, and vehicle number
- If and when you are questioned, make sure your attorney is present
- Take photographs of any injuries you have, then get medical attention
- Get contact information and statements from any witnesses
- Request the presence of your lawyer for any lineups, testings, etc.
- Know the charges made against you
- Do not resist arrest or attempt to escape
- Do not speak of the incident with anyone but your lawyer
- Do not let the police search your home without a warrant
You will be booked after you are arrested. After that, you will attend a bail hearing. If you are eligible for bail, you or someone on your behalf needs to contact Panorama City Bail Bonds Store Store at 877-793-2245.
A bail bond will get you out of jail faster because it is cheaper and easier to sort out than paying bail to the court directly. Panorama City Bail Bonds Store Store will always be there for you and your loved ones.
Contact Panorama City Bail Bonds Store Store at 877-793-2245 or visit us at Statewide Bail Bonds.
There is no way you’re going to have to sit in jail any longer!