23 Nov Wet Weather Driving Tips – Bring On El Nino!
Wet Weather Driving Tips – Bring On El Nino!
Everyone is preparing for El Nino by repairing their roofs and sealing up cracks. But have you considered reading up on driving tips for wet weather? A thing you might want to avoid is getting pulled over, getting in an accident, and/ or getting arrested in the middle of pouring rain. So, please pay attention to these helpful tips for rainy season driving:
- Make sure brakes are working properly. If they are run down, get them replaced.
- Make sure all headlights, tail lights, brake lights, and signal lights are working properly.
- Make sure windshield wipers are working properly. If they need to be replaced, replace them.
- Make sure your horn is working, loud.
- Get tires checked. If the treads are run down, get new tires.
- Check tire pressure regularly (once a month is okay). Fill them with air when necessary.
- Keep a spare tire in your car.
- Turn headlights on when using windshield wipers, even if it is not dark (this is actually a California law!)
- Avoid cruise control.
- Drive slower in the rain and leave more room in between you and the car in front of you.
- If you hydroplane, let your foot off the gas but do not hit the brakes. Let the car slow down naturally. Keep tight control of the wheel.
When driving, remember that as much as you can predict you are a good driver, you cannot predict the habits, antics, or accidents or drivers around you. Overall, just be cautious as you drive, especially in rainy weather. If an accident occurs or you are pulled over and then arrested, go with the police officer calmly. Later you’ll be able to bail out of jail and we at Los Angeles Bail Bonds Store Store will help you do so.
If you, your loved one, or anyone that you know needs more information, don’t hesitate to contact Los Angeles Bail Bonds Store Store today!